Monday, December 12, 2011

Running..

I am proud to say, I start training today for my very first half marathon in April..I will be running in the half marathon in Nashville, Tennessee...I used to run long distance in high school, but did not continue to run through college...I am so excited to get back in shape and do something for ME. I'm sure it's going to be hard, I am sure I am going to cry, and I'm sure there are going to be moments where I want to give up, but I can honestly say, I am ready...I am ready to be a runner. I am ready to do this for me. I am ready to check off an item on my Goal list..Running has brought a lot of happiness to a lot of my friends lives. I cannot wait to see what it does in mine...I hope I can lose some weight in the process ;) So, I am glad to annouce...this is my very first blog post on RUNNING. I hope you continue to cheer me on and read as I embark on this wonderful journey. I'm sure I will bitch, gripe, and complain, but I'm ready...;) Let's do this!

I will be training with Hal Higdon's training program. Christin has made my plan for me...She really is the best ever. She just finished her St. Jude marathon last weekend and used the same plan. She is pretty positive I will be fine by April ;)

I need to get some running gear...I just ordered my Nathan water bottle offline last night. I need an armband for my phone, compression shorts, compression capris, Nike skapris, Dri Fit tops, Dri Fit hat, and some inserts for my tennis shoes until I can buy new ones. If there is ANYTHING you think I should try or reccomend, please let me know. The more advice, the better :)

I am so excited!!!

7 comments:

Morgan Neal said...

So excited for you! Can't wait for our massage and lunch next week!

Lauren said...

way to go! such an exciting goal for you! and seriously...what better excuse to buy some cute, new workout gear!

holly h. said...

Woohoo! Running will change your life in amazing ways; physically, mentally, emotionally. I can't wait to follow along on your journey. :)

Unknown said...

yay, Go Britt!

Mrs. in Memphis said...

Way to go! Running has truly changed my life. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Emily said...

That's awesome!!! I enjoy running, and after a few 5K's this year, i decided to take the plunge and register for my first half marathon in March! My training plan started last week. Can't wait to follow along with your training! GOOD LUCK!

alicia said...

good luck!!!