The majority of you usually have goals that you want to set for yourself for the next year...I ALWAYS do, but sometimes don't succeed all of them...This year, in 2012, I am making a point to set goals I can reach..I want to set goals that will make me a better person, set goals that will be good for my health, and set goals that will touch the lives of others...I know we all say we need to lose weight, work out more, eat better, etc., but I am going to set goals with a different approach this year...Here is what I have in mind:
1. I plan on running a half marathon..I want to get back into running...My friend has convinced me that I can do it, so I have set my mind on it...I have signed up to run the Rock n Roll marathon in Nasvhille in April...I will start training in January.
2. Find a church in Memphis that I love and become a member... I have visited many of them, but have not become a member of one yet...I have been a member of my church back home for 23 years, so it is going to take a big adjustment for me..I know it will be a good step for me, though.
3. Stay in touch with my friends and family better. Life can get hectic and stressful at times, but I plan on making a point to scheldule dinner dates, lunch dates, weekend hang outs, etc.
4. Learn how to knee board...Sam has a boat, but I have yet learned to knee board. I have always wanted to try! I will have all summer to practice and get good at it ;)
5. Do a random act of kindess without them knowing about it....I love to do things for others, but I need to make a point to do it without them knowing about it....It means more ;)
6. Become a member of a Bible Study group...I am anxious to find a group!
7. Go ONE whole month without shopping...If I could do that, I could probably save up enough money to buy another Louis Vuitton ;)
8. Find a job! I am anxious to start getting my resumes out :)
9. Learn another language...Sounds kind of goofy, but I have always wanted to learn another language.
10. Take a trip and relax...New Orleans, Chicago, New York, etc...I don't care :)
I will continue to add to this list over time, but this is what I have so far...:) What are some of your goals for 2012? Any goals of yours the same? :)