Thursday, November 24, 2011

Christmas Tree and Recipes...

Last night, Sam and I put up the Christmas tree! I was so excited to finally get it put up! I've been meaning to do it for the last week or so, but have not had a chance! It's a big tree, so I always need his help putting it together :) He usually puts it together and does the fluffing, but I usually decorate it :) I am using the same theme from last year, Silver and Gold! All of the ornanments on the tree are silver, gold, and antique. I love our Christmas tree! :)

This is the tree! I still have to get a topper and
a tree skirt because for some reason, I have misplaced
ours from last year...oh well! :) Sorry this photo is so bad.


this is a close up of our pretty ornaments! :)


another close up pic of our tree! :)


I decorate the kitchen in Gingerbread stuff
every year! I got the idea from my Mom.
She decorates her kitchen every year with
gingerbread decorations and a gingerbread
tree! :)


a super cute painting sitting on a stand :)


Christmas towels. These are not gingerbread!
I guess I need to find me some gingerbread towels.


I won this at a bunko party last year. This
is the first year I have used it. I'm not really sure
where to put it, but we'll see. It's kind of cute! :)



Last night, I also cooked a yummy dinner! I made up my own recipe with chicken breasts, roasted butternut squash and fingerling potatoes, and roasted parmesan asparagus. It was all pretty good! The boyfriend  enjoyed it :) I will link the roasted butternut squash recipe, but my dear friend, Christin, shared the butternut squash recipe with me and it was divine! We actually had it at her house one night for a dinner party, so I knew I had to keep the recipe on hand and make it at my house! :) As for the parmesan aspargus and the chicken, I simply made it up. I love to cook, so I just used ingredients that I knew would taste good. For the chicken, I coated the chicken breasts in egg and bread crumbs then put them in a 9x9 baking dish. I poured 1 can of Hunts tomato sauce over the chicken before sticking in the oven. I let the chicken cook for awhile, then took it out and topped the chicken breasts with a diced tomato and shredded sharp cheddar cheese. I stuck it back in the oven for 10 mins or so. They turned out pretty good! I'm pretty sure I will add this recipe to my list of favorites. It was pretty simple and Sam loved it! :) As for the asparagus, I used a little bit of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper, then stuck in the oven. Before it was finished, I took it out and added a bit of shredded parmesan cheese to the top. I put it back in the oven for about 5 mins or so. They both turned out pretty well! :) It was a great meal.

Here is the Butternut Squash recipe.


This picture looks gross, but I promise it
didn't look like this. ha!

No comments: