Monday, April 28, 2014

Weekend Recap

I had a wonderful, wonderful weekend! It was full of rest, good weather, good food, and great company.

Friday night, Sam and I decided to stay home. It was beautiful outside! We both had large amount of plans the next day, so neither of us wanted to be out late. We thawed some chicken and shrimp and grilled it on the grill with some mushrooms, squash, and asparagus! It was a great meal!
I love fresh vegetables! 

I never get tired of this view. 

Amazing Friday night

Our amazing dinner 


Saturday, I woke up early. I got a lot of laundry done, did a bit of tidying up, and then headed  for lunch and to do some shopping with Emily and Brooklyn. I had a gift card for Olive Garden, so we opted for lunch there. Emily and I had soup and salad! I love their Zuppa Toscana soup. It's so,so good! After we had lunch, we made our way to the mall. I am not usually a "mall" shopper, but I love to hit up the Gap and Dillard's for shoes... And that is exactly what we did.... I found several pairs of shoes at Dillard's, some clothes at Gap, strapless bras at Macy's, and some more clothes at Dillard's. It was a very successful shopping trip. We intended to head out to the Gap outlet, but Brooklyn was getting tired, so we went on home. ( Brooklyn made it from 11:30-5:00 shopping with us. I was highly impressed! )

The cutest lunch date ever! 

After Emily and Brooklyn dropped me off, Sam and I went to my parent's house to watch the Grizzlies game against Oklahoma City. Although we lost, it was a WONDERFUL game. It was a fun night hanging out with my family. I brought over bratwursts, potato salad, and pasta salad. My dad grilled the bratwursts along with some chicken wings they had. It was a great, easy meal! 



Sunday, Sam and I woke up fairly early and had every intention of going to the Crawfish festival downtown. As soon as I looked outside and saw it pouring and thundering, I knew it was a bust. We headed to South of Beale for brunch, where I ran into the lovely, Andrea! We sat and talked to her and her adorable friend for awhile. I love that they live right around the corner, so it is a must we do date night soon! After brunch, we came home, did some more laundry, and got in our pj's. By this time, the storm was definitely rolling in! I couldn't believe Porter Leath was still putting on the festival. About 5:00, Sam said," I'm going to run down there and get buckets of Crawfish and bring them back up! " I swear this is why I am marrying him... He's quick on his feet and thinks of brilliant ideas, ha! We got to enjoy our Crawfish all while staying warm and dry! ha!



It was a wonderful, wonderful weekend! I am already preparing myself for the bad weather to come this week! Looks like I will be pulling out the rain boots for the earlier part of the week. Have a great one, friends!

1 comment:

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Your view is amazing!! And all that food. Oh my. My mouth is watering. :-)