Thursday, February 21, 2013

Cilantro Shrimp and Mixed Veggies

I fixed Skinnytaste's Cilantro Shrimp the other night. Sam has been working late for the past two weeks, so I have been solo a lot for dinner. Of course he always eats when he comes home, but I just can't wait to eat until 8:00 in the evening. I'm usually a 5:30 eater when I cook. I like to cook, eat, clean the kitchen up, and be on the couch by 7:00...I have more of an evening to enjoy that way. Anyway, I have been using a lot of her recipes to prepare dinners. Now that I am teaching, I want something that tastes good, but isn't too hard to prepare. I also want something healthy...If you have not checked out Skinny Taste's website, I HIGHLY suggest you do. I changed the recipe up a little to suit us, but it all turned out great! I added Uncle Ben's whole grain brown rice underneath the shrimp, and needed to get rid of some mushrooms and asparagus, so I added that in as well. I even had enough for lunch the next day! The shrimp was ten times better because all the juices had soaked in...Yum Yum... Definitely check out this recipe. It's on Skinnytaste's website or you can find it on Pinterest. I also have copied and pasted it underneath the picture. Have a great Thursday! 
 
 

Cilantro Lime Shrimp & Green Beans
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 6 oz shrimp & 1-1/2 cups green beans
Calories: 257.3 • Fat: 5.1g Protein: 35.9 g Carb: 17.4 g Fiber: 4.1 g

Ingredients:
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 2 lb shrimp, shelled and deviened
  • 6 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1 lime
  • salt and pepper
  • 6 cups green beans

Directions:

Heat a large frying pan on medium-high heat. Add oil to the pan, when hot add shrimp. Season with salt and pepper. When the shrimp is cooked on one side, about 2 minutes, turn over and add garlic. Saute another minute or two until shrimp is cooked, careful not to overcook. Remove from heat. Squeeze lime all over shrimp and toss with cilantro. Serve hot.

In a separate pan, add 6 cups green beans, crushed garlic to taste, and season with salt and pepper. Cook on medium high for 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup water and cover, cook for an additional 8 minutes. Uncover and cook until water evaporates. Serve hot on the side of shrimp.

 

3 comments:

Faith said...

That looks delicious! I love anything with shrimp.

Caroline said...

Yum!

Brianna Tucker said...

yumm looks good. If you haven't checked out budget bytes I would look into it. Her recipies are healthy and low cost. I have made so many of her recipies and haven't found bad one!