I have decided on this hair style. This is the
picture I took to my hair stylist last time I had
my hair cut, but I go to a new stylist now, so
I hope she will be able to do it just as well! :)
I might be way behind the game, but I stumbled
across these babies while I was doing some grocery
shopping last week. I LOVE jalepenos, so individually
wrapped slices?? YES! This had my name all over it!
I 'm loving them for a snack considering it has only
I've been trying to watch more what I eat.
I had a salad for lunch yesterday with a little
bit of parmesan cheese and jalapeno slices.
I am trying to be better about not using
Ranch dressing, so I took the juice from the
jalapenos and poured it over the top of my
salad with a little olive oil and salt. It was divine!
Uneccessary calories on a dressing is just absurd, so
if you like jalapenos and a little
bit of spice, I definitely suggest you try this!
I was not sure what I would think about it at
first, but I will definitely be using this recipe
for lunch more often!
Last night, I made pesto chicken, roasted
butternut squash, and a sweet potato bisque.
I was planning on just roasting the sweet potatoes, but
decided I wanted a soup to go with dinner. I am
ALL about butternut squash and sweet potatoes right
now. I also love bisques, so I did my best to come up
with a yummy bisque that involved sweet potatoes.
I love a good sweet and spicy soup, so I was trying
to incorporate it all together in one pot. I did not follow
a recipe, but here is what I came up with:
two large sweet potatoes
4 oz can of green chilies diced
1 can of Chicken broth
1. I sliced the sweet potatoes and stuck them in the microwave for a few mintues to soften up.
2. In a pot on the stove, I threw in some olive oil and butter. I stirred that around for a few mintues
before throwing in the sweet potatoes.
3. I threw in the sweet potatoes, nutmeg, green chilies, 3 or 4 adobe peppers, salt, pepper, and chicken broth. I let it warm up some and mix around before I added the cream. Also, if you do not like real spicy, you can adjust the amount of adobe peppers you want to use. I like spicy foods, so I also go with more! :)
4. I added the cream and stirred it around for a few more mintues.
5. After all the ingredients had been added, I poured the ingredients into my food processor and blended together.
6. I added the bisque back to the pot and stirred it around to warm up..
7. Feel free to add some cream to the top, some black pepper, kosher salt, and you're done! :)
As for the roasted butternut squash and pesto chicken, here are the recipes I used:
1. Roasted Butternut Squash
2. Pesto Chicken