Monday, February 21, 2011

"..Rainy days and Mondays Always Get Me Down..."

I'm currently having "writer's block." Does this ever happen to you?? It is quite frustrating! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. It seems like it came and went with the blink of an eye! Mondays are never fun to me, I hate them. They are long, I'm still tired from the weekend, and I always realize how much I have put off...grrr...I'm a huge believer in that, " We must have bad days, so we learn to appreciate the good ones.." Today is definitely a BAD one...I'm very strong in my faith, so I learn to let a lot of things go, and be thankful for what I DO have...I keep my Bible verses close to heart...Seems crazy, but it's about the only thing that makes sense to a gal on a gloomy Monday....Here are a few that get me through the day....

1. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever." Psalm 23

2. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  Isaiah 41:10

3. "Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Remember, O LORD, your great mercy and love, for they are from of old. Remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you are good, O LORD." Psalm 25:4-7

4. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. The LORD is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one. Save your people and bless your inheritance; be their shepherd and carry them forever." Psalm 28:7-9

5. Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

6. The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies. The cords of death entangled me; the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me. The cords of the grave coiled around me; the snares of death confronted me. In my distress I called to the LORD; I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears."  Psalm 18:2-6

God Bless,
 Delta Daisies

No comments: