Thursday, December 2, 2010

Mexican Chicken for Chicken Thursday!


Every Thursday night at my house is CHICKEN THURSDAY! I cook for the parents, brother, boyfriend, and awesome cousin! I love, love cooking for everyone and hosting things. Hopefully one day when I have my own house, married, etc. Sam will let me have dinner parties ;) I'd LOVE it! We always cook some type of chicken dish. I have made a few different things the past few weeks, but tonight I made Mexican Chicken. It was awesome! I COULD have gone easy on the onions, but over-all it was pretty great. I fixed a side of corn and mexican rice to go with it! :) It is a very, very easy recipe! If you are in a hurry and need a quick casserole, I highly suggest!!! Hope you enjoy!!!

MEXICAN CHICKEN CASSEROLE
1 pkg boneless skinless chicken breast

1/2-1 whole bag of nacho flavored Doritos

1 can Rotel

1 can Cream of Mushroom soup

1 can Cream of Chicken soup

1/2 block Velveeta cheese

1 bag of Kraft cheddar cheese

1 small can sliced black olives



Wash and cut fat from chicken breast. Then place in a pot and boil on stove until chicken is an opaque white and tender.

In a large casserole dish, spray the bottom with butter cooking spray.



While chicken is cooking, mix Rotel, soups and olives; set aside.



When chicken is done, allow to cool in strainer then pull apart and shred it into the bottom of dish. Spread mixture on top of chicken evenly.



Thinly slice Velveeta and place on top of mixture. Crush chips and sprinkle over mixture and cheese. Top with cheddar cheese.
Bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes or until heated thoroughly.

Or, you can find the recipe here...

No comments: