Thursday, December 11, 2014

Taco Scramble

Sunday morning, we were craving Taco Scramble, so I got up and whipped us up some. I have not gotten this recipe from a website, so I just alter and adjust it as I go. It's super easy and filling, so feel free to serve it alone, but my husband wanted toast and grits, so I served it with that. 

Ingredients:
1 pound of sausage, ( You can use whatever kind you like.)
four eggs
1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
four green onions chopped 
1/2 white onion chopped
sour cream
salsa ( if needed )
tomatoes ( if needed )
1 pack of taco seasoning 

Directions:
1. I usually brown the meat with the chopped white onion and taco seasoning until the meat is completely cooked. The taco seasoning is the key in this meal. It makes it taste like a taco, so make sure you have this. 
2. After I have drained the meat, I whisk the eggs and pour them in a pan. I add the meat mixture and cheese. I cook and scramble until completely done. 
3. After I have scrambled the mixture really good, I add the mixture to each plate and top with : green onions, salsa, sour cream, a little more cheese, and a few diced tomatoes. 
4. Serve and enjoy! 

Note: You can alter this meal so much. We didn't have any tomatoes or salsa for ours, so I left it out, but you can add spinach or any other meats or veggies you want. We love tacos, so I love having a breakfast food that tastes like a taco! You can probably even turn this meal into a casserole! :)
It's super easy and I'm sure your family will love it like mine! 




1 comment:

Dee said...

Mmmm... that looks delicious. Thanks for sharing your recipe. I'm trying it this weekend. Have a wonderful day... :)