Saturday, March 1, 2014

Why we picked October 25,2014...

We are getting married on October 25, 2014. A lot of people were like, " OMG! That's not enough time to plan!" But if you know me and my mom, that's PLENTY of time. Mom is also hiring a wedding planner, so we'll get to enjoy the time more than being stressed. I always knew I wanted to get married in October and during the fall. Fall has always been my favorite time of the year, so why not get married then? It just so happened that my Grandfather's birthday is in October AND on a Saturday this year, so as soon as my Mom and I looked at the calendar, we both knew. We both teared up and knew it was a sign from him! My Grandfather was one of my favorite men ever. He's right up there with my Daddy, Sam, and twin brother. He knew how to raise a family, loved my Grandmother more than life, and would give the shirt off his back to ANYONE that needed it. He was also a hardworking man and always provided for his family. He went to heaven when I was in third grade, but there is not a day that goes by that I don't remember him! He taught me how to dribble a basketball, loved pecan pie, ate a bowl of ice cream EVERY SINGLE night, and loved an adventure! He was always about traveling! In the ten years that I got to spend with him, he owned a motor home, boat, airplane, and cow. HA! I'm not kidding.. He was always doing something adventurous! I cannot WAIT to stand next to the man of my dreams on October 25, 2014 and celebrate our marriage AND a birthday. I plan to have some sort of birthday candle, cake, or something to let my Grandfather know that we are ALSO celebrating his birthday on Earth.... Our wedding will be in Destin, Florida. We have chosen the Palazzo Del Sol, but still keeping our options open. Mom plans to book something by next week, so stay tuned! :) Next blog post will be on wedding colors! :)

Love y'all!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I like that your wedding date has some special significance to you in your life!! That's really unique. I am sure your day will go off without a hitch since your grandfather will be watching over you.

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

A fall wedding is going to be gorgeous! And you won't be roasting like I was in August. :-)