Thursday, March 13, 2014

Cabbage Recipe

Cabbage is a staple in our home. We eat it often. I had two shredded bags of cabbage I needed to use up before they went bad. I am often making cabbage and kielbasa, but wanted to change it up a bit. It really is the easiest recipe ever and I promise you...your husbands will love it! First, put a a little olive oil in the bottom of a pan before throwing the two bags of cabbage in. You can season the cabbage however you like, but I threw in: garlic, onion salt, pepper, and a little paprika. After you season it and mix it up real good, grab whatever kind of bacon of your choice and cut it up into 2 inch long pieces. Don't put a lot of salt on the cabbage because the bacon will make it salty enough. ( I used six pieces, it was pllllllenty.) Once you have the cabbage and bacon in the pot, slice a red onion into long pieces and throw in there. After the cabbage, bacon, and onion have all been mixed well, turn the heat up to high and sauteed for about 10 minutes. After everything starts to soften, turn it down to low and pour 1/4 cup of water.... It will give it enough just to steam and keep from sticking to the bottom... Let it simmer on low for 30 minutes or so.... 

It is a wonderful, easy, healthy meal for your family! You can a have approximately 3 cups for 368 calories! 



2 comments:

Katie Elizabeth said...

I'm not a big cabbage person but my husband is so he would love this! I do like the bacon though :)

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

We love cabbage and this looks so delicious!