Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Taco Salad Recipe

    This recipe has been in my family for years! Not that it's hard, but I hold it close to my heart.. I grew up eating this stuff and could not imagine my children not loving it some day. It's super easy and makes a lot! If you're hosting a taco party or have a house full of hungry eaters, this is the recipe for you. It takes NO time to make! 

You will need:
Two bags of shredded lettuce.
( You can use any lettuce you like,
but this tastes best with shredded lettuce, in my opinion. )
2 pounds of ground meat. 
( I used deer meat because it's leaner. But I have used
 ground beef and ground turkey in the past. )
Three diced tomatoes
A bag of crushed corn chips 
( Depending on how many you like.)
Shredded Cheese.
( I didn't use much on mine, but you 
can really use any kind of cheese! )
Panchos Green dressing 
1 diced white onion

    First, brown the meat in a skillet with a diced onion. Make sure it is completely brown and then drain the meat. Next, grab a LARGE bowl because this stuff makes a lot. You can probably half the recipe if you want, but I always make extra because I take lunch to two co-workers, myself, and Sam. Fill the bowl with the shredded lettuce, ground meat, diced tomatoes, and cheese. Make sure you mix it all together really well. I don't add the chips in at this point because if you have ANY left, the chips will be soggy the next day. Throw the chips on the bottom, salad mix next, and top with dressing! Super simple!

   Now, a lot of you are probably thinking... Panchos dressing? In Memphis, we have a local Mexican restaurant that serves the stuff. You can actually get on their website and order their famous cheese dip, hot salsa, and green onion dressing. They will deliver it right to your door completely cold and ready to refrigerate! It's awesome! I highly suggest you checking them out..... But, if you don't want to do that... Grab a blender and throw in 4 diced green onions, 1/2 cup of sugar, 1 cup of oil, 1/2 cup of white vinegar, and 2 cups of prepared mustard. Blend it together really well and there ya have it... Panchos Green onion dressing!  


I hope this meal will stay in your family for years to come, too! :)
Thanks Mom for sharing such an awesome, easy recipe! 

No comments: