Thursday, November 14, 2013

Parmesan Portobello Mushrooms & Zucchini Cakes

Last night, I got dinner started late because Sam and I went to the gym. I had tuna thawed, so I knew I was going to fix tuna steaks, but as far as sides, I had ZERO ideas. I quickly started brainstorming  and remembered two recipes that I had saved awhile back. I bought some portobello mushrooms at the grocery store last week, so I pulled out my parmesan mushroom recipe and whipped two up! It's pretty much like chicken parmesan without the noodles, chicken, or carbs! ha! It's super healthy and very filling. Portobello mushrooms are HUGE, so you don't need a lot of sides when fixing them. I also had a recipe for zucchini cakes, but who goes to the grocery store to buy zucchini and comes home with three cucumbers? Um.....This girl!!! Oops! Because it was so late, I quickly started brainstorming... I had some crab meat to use up, so I actually used the SAME recipe, but substituted crab meat instead of grated zucchini. I also added diced green onions as well... Sam ended up searing the tuna steaks for me, so all I had to do was prepare the sides! It was a great meal! Quick, easy, and healthy! :)

 
&

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Yummm!! These sound like a perfect meatless Monday menu!