Friday, August 23, 2013

Lunch Ideas for the "Working Girl.."

I know a lot of you struggle with breakfast and lunch ideas because you WORK. It's hard! I don't have children and it's tough for me at times. The summer is easy for me because I don't work, but when school starts back, I have to plan ahead, keep it simple, and take things that are easy and quick to eat. I shared some breakfast ideas with you last week, so I hope that helped some! I apologize for the lack of posts this past week....School started back, so I have been crazy busy! I hope everyone is doing well! :) Here are a few things that are good to prepare for lunch:

Salads:
I love them! I could eat one everyday. Because I am on a protein diet, I have a hard time getting all my veggies, but this is the perfect oppurtunity to get all my greens in! :) I will put everything but the kitchen sink in them sometimes, ha! On a regular work day, I will include lettuce, grape tomatoes simply because I don't have to stand there and cut and slice them, turkey bacon pieces, avocado, croutons, cheese, and sometimes shrimp,chicken, or salmon...It fills me up and it's quick and easy to eat! I prepare them sometimes the night before and sometimes that morning...I just throw everything into a container and go! I also use Girad's Light Champagne dressing. It is so,so good!

Meats:
I am a big Costco shopper. They have a lot of turkey burgers, chicken burgers, spinach burgers, etc., that are already cooked and you just have to pop them in the microwave for 2 mintues or so. It's SO easy for me! I often will pack a small side salad and bring a chicken burger, too. I don't eat a bun with it, but I recently discovered that the Carmelized Onion Chicken burgers I bought are delicious with a little salsa, sour cream, and avocado! DELICIOUS! I also will bring deli turkey and wrap it in lettuce with different veggies and have a lettuce wrap for lunch! :) Try to stick with meat that is already cooked!!! It will make life much easier on you. :)

Leftovers:
A lot of times I will bring leftovers from supper the night before. I always make a piece of meat, some veggies, and a green carbohydrate. I love salmon and green beans for lunch! If you are in a hurry like I am a lot of mornings, just grab some left overs and go! Make sure it is healthy, though! ;)

Sides:
A lot of times I will bring a small container of almonds, plain non fat greek yogurt, a few strawberries, celery, etc., I stay away from chips, special k snacks, bread, candy bars, etc. Try taking a few pickles, yogurt, 1/2 cup of fruit, almonds, raw veggies with hummus, or pretzels. All are healthier items than downing a bag of chips, soft drinks, etc. If you have not discovered the Blue Diamond wasabi and soy sauce almonds, I highly suggest you do so!! Very, very good snack! I am not a big "snacker," but I will keep almonds by my desk all throughout the day. I will change up flavors every now and then, so  I do not get sick of them.

Drinks:
I drink water ALL DAY LONG. I have also discovered Kroger carries a zero calorie, zero caffiene, zero sugar, and zero sodium mineral water! I love the Pompegrante and Blueberry flavor! :)

Please, please let me know if there is anything I can do to help! I will be glad to break it more down for you.

No comments: