Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Egg White Frittata


I made an egg white frittata the other night. It was so good! I haven't made one in years, but was craving breakfast food last night, so I thought...why not?? You can really put ANYTHING in them that you want, but I wanted lots  and lots of vegetables and a hint of turkey bacon. Here is what I added in  mine: turkey bacon ( 3 slices ), cherry tomatoes, red onion, jalepeno slices, green onion, zucchini, mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese. You can also make them with real eggs, but all I had was egg whites, so it worked just fine... I cooked the turkey bacon and onions on high first with a little olive oil to sauteed them..I then threw the rest of the veggies in there to soften them up some and added some different seasoning. I like cayenne pepper, so I added a little, too. Next, I add 3/4 cup of egg whites on top of all the vegetables and bacon. Make sure the vegetables and meat are completely covered with the egg whites. Next, I threw the two kinds of cheese on top and let it sit for about 2 minutes. Make sure it stays on the stove until the edges start rising...After the two minutes were up, I took the skillet off the stove and  stuck it straight into the oven for about 15minutes...Serve hot. It was so yummy! I served it with a side of mixed veggies I had mixed up.
 
 
 
 



1 comment:

Tess said...

Looks like you've started your detox off on the right foot!